About JAWA C.G. Jung Bio FAQs Events Calendar Links Find an Analyst
Promotes Healing and Life-Changing Awareness
Formed in 1989, The Jungian Analysts of Washington Association (JAWA) currently consists of 18 nationally certified and internationally recognized Jungian analysts practicing in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area and extending to Cape Charles and Charlottesville, Virginia, as well as West Virginia. While JAWA analysts have their own individual therapeutic styles and experience, we all share a common language and focus on Jungian concepts and ideas that involve depth psychological aspects of life meaning, purposefulness and soul transformation through the use of dream interpretation, active imagination, bodywork, and the interactive field of therapy in a private practice setting.
As specialists in the theory and practice of C.G. Jung's Analytical Psychology, JAWA members:
- Set and encourage the maintenance of high standards of practice in Analytical Psychology.
- Offer psychotherapy, counseling and analysis to individuals seeking help with personal and interpersonal issues, important life questions and crisis.
- Support the development of the personality through depth analysis.
- Sponsor continuing education programming for clinicians.
- Promote ongoing study relating to Analytical Psychology, including lectures and workshops.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of Analytical Psychology through scholarship.
JAWA analysts are available to give presentations at lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences upon request. On September 26, 2015, JAWA will present "Transforming Trauma: Through Myth and Image from African Village to American Inner City." See the events page for more information. In 2006 and 2007 JAWA presented Saturday workshops during the academic year to mental health professionals and students in the area. In 2009 JAWA hosted the 2009 Conference of the Council of the North American Societies of Jungian Anaysts (CNASJA) entitled "Life and Power: Use, Misuse, and Paradox." Many members lecture and teach in the area including an active relationship with The Jung Society of Washington, as well as teach and lecture at Jungian training Institutes in Philadelphia and New York.
This JAWA website includes a biography of Carl Jung. A Directory of Jungian analysts in the Washington, D.C., area is included for those seeking analysis. More information and resources are included in the Frequently Asked Questions and Links pages.
Please visit our JAWA Calendar of Events page for upcoming events and seminars.
Anne Pickup, JAWA president
| | | | |
Copyright 2007 JAWA (formerly JAAGWMA). Site design by Michele Stinson. All rights reserved.